Garage coatings are an excellent way to instantly update your garage floors. Thanks to the versatility of the medium, it’s possible to achieve almost any look you want with the right additives and pigments. The only difficulty you may have is narrowing down the plethora of great options out there.
In this post, Area Home Services goes over the top garage coatings in Quincy for 2023 to help you come to a decision that best suits your property.
Trending Beautiful Coatings
Add Some Texture with Bold Garage Coatings in Quincy
Texture not only adds depth to a garage floor coating but also improves utility, and the aesthetics depend on what we use as the aggregate. For example, we can add quartz crystals that catch the light and create a shimmering effect. We can also use stone particles to recreate the look of more expensive stones like granite or onyx.
The aggregate we add to create the texture also improves traction for a much safer garage floor, even when it is very wet.
Use Neutral Colors
2023 is all about using versatile colors that will work with any decor style. Your new flooring will be in place for 5 to 15 years, so it’s important to avoid garish trends. But it doesn’t need to be boring.
For example, consider the following ideas:
- Charcoal. Use a solid charcoal color or break it up with vinyl flakes in different shades of gray and white.
- Khaki. As another neutral coming into its own this season, khaki is a fun color with enough neutrality to blend with any look. However, it also deviates nicely from the standard gray.
- Black and white. As a classic mix that never dates, countless homeowners use this great combination to create squares, stripes, or a chevron pattern.
- Black and silver. A touch of glamor never hurts. With the current 3D effects we can achieve with metallics, this is an ideal way to create a showpiece of your garage floor.
- Brown. Most browns provide another classic palette for those who believe that black looks too stark. It also adds some warmth to the room.
2023 is not the year to choose high-fashion or bold colors. We can install a bright orange floor if you like, but be sure you’ll still be happy with it when it lasts way beyond the point where fashions shift.
Trending Shiny Coatings
An untreated concrete surface is rough and looks dull. Polishing ups the style factor but is not always ideal. By adding coatings, you add a polished look to the garage floor without all the hassle.
A solid, high-gloss color adds instant appeal to any space. Alternatively, select a lighter color to make the garage brighter or a darker color in a more cavernous space. Either way, the glossy surface will reflect more light, effectively making the space look brighter.
Flake flooring is another classic option that’s timeless, as using flakes in different colors adds interest. If you plan to sell your property soon, stick to a neutral color combination. Otherwise, use any combination that suits your tastes.
With flake flooring, we use vinyl flakes to create a completely custom look because even if we use the same combination of flakes elsewhere, no two floors are exactly alike with hand-casted flakes.
Trending Aesthetic Effects
We touched on metallic effects as a part of a neutral color scheme, but why not make them the star of the show? With the newest polyaspartic coatings and formulations, it’s easy to achieve a lustrous effect. Unlike old epoxy floor coatings, the polyurea coatings we use won’t react to sunlight.
One thing to keep in mind with metallic finishes is that you must use a purpose-built cleaning agent. Using normal detergent can dull the finish and make it look cloudy.
A high-end stone effect is another decor style that’s trending, including the following choices:
- High drama. The deep, glossy black of onyx or the rich blues of lapis lazuli create unforgettable floor coatings
- Elegant. Marble always looks elegant and comes in so many colors and finishes.
- Terrazzo. The terrazzo effect adds interest to a standard floor.
- Limestone. A limestone finish will show every speck of dirt, which is not ideal for a workshop. However, a primary advantage is that it lightens the space beautifully.
- Granite. Granite is a simple effect to recreate with flake flooring. It works in almost every space and won’t show dirt quickly.
Which Effect Will You Choose?
The flooring effect you choose will depend on your needs and budget. Are you happier with a plain finish, or do you long for something more decorative? Are you in a residential or business space?
If you have a high-traffic surface, it pays to invest in a high-quality polyaspartic floor coating. Businesses might also prefer a surface that hides dirt more effectively, like granite. Whatever you choose, our team wants to take your vision and help you make it a reality.
Polyaspartic and Polyurea Coatings in Quincy
Area Home Services offers a comprehensive range of polyurea coatings that use a polyurea base with a polyaspartic top coat for the best possible results. Our team works with you to customize your design and ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
Contact Area Home Services at 573-463-6640 today or visit us online to schedule your consultation for garage coatings or any other coatings you need in Illinois.